NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just registered, wanted to say hello. I'm relatively new to saltwater fishing(prefered type), and hope to gain knowledge from this and other sites. I'll probably ask some (stupid) questions, so please bear with me. I have a 22.5 ft Key West CC w/200 Merc Optimax. Prefer Crystal Coast area. Still searching for gear(tackle,rods&reels,line,etc) so any input willbe appreciated. Thanks, and good to be part of NCangler.com.

Mike

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
There are no "stupid" questions..only stupid actions.. Welcome aboard and I know these guys will put you on the right track!!

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike. Glad you found us. That Key West is a sweet boat. Be sure to post a picture of yours in our Members Boats Forum when you get a chance. Now if you're looking for tackle we've got some guys here that will put you onto some. Wellcraft Dave is well outfitted as is Fojoloy and others. There is much talk here about a "Tackle Monkey" that results in some costly trips to the tackle store.

We look forward to your posts and pictures. :)

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike!

Still searching for gear(tackle,rods&reels,line,etc) so any input willbe appreciated.
If you are like most of us that fish from boats on the coast, we have a wide variety of tackle based on what type fishing we plan to do at a certian time. You know, some for bottom fishing near shore, some for grouper/snapper further out. Maybe some King/Mahi gear, light tackle for Spanish/blues, heavier stuff for tuna and wahoo, etc. Give us an idea where you are in the "buying" cycle and I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions to feed the tackle monkey.

Again, welcome and we look forward to hearing about your catches!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.