NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
These have been around for about a month or so now. Lots of great looking colors. They can be bought in the regular package like other Gulp baits or in containers. The small container has been out for a year or so with other Gulp baits in them.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
It all depends on what the tackle store wants to order. They can order in a package, small container like in the video, the small container and a big container. It mostly boils down to what the customers want to buy.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I have never gotten into faithfully using gulp like some people. Maybe I'm missing out. Zman and pro cure.
Not missing a thing. I rarely ever use Gulp. Used to quite a bit but don't anymore. I haven't noticed a drop in catch rates...

About the only time I use it now is when bouncing bucktails at the nearshore reefs for flounder.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
There are a couple Gulp baits that I use, but only a couple. I mainly use plastics....ZMan is my favorite with Pro Cure. Jerk Z, Pogy Z in Pinfish or Pearl are my 2 main baits. One bait will last and last usually all day and into the next and next...:)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I put alot of faith in Pro-cure, and I think you can use dang near anything as long as you smear some on it! I used alot of GULP until I started using scents and found good results even on el cheapo baits. Once I have used up my current "overstocks" I will look more at the durabilty of the bait itself, how likely it is for a fish to keep it in it's mouth, and then count on adding scents to do the trick. I think I can find a better price point than GULP that way.

Reactions: roostertail24

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Gulp baits have a big following and they catch loads of fish on it. For the occasional or weekend angler it is a good product. Just put on a jighead and fish will bite it. However when the pinfish eat the tail, claws or legs off of the bait, nothing else wants it, rarely is it continued to be use.

ZMan is 10X tough and will last a long time. I used 1 bait out of a pack for a week. That is keeping money in my pocket. Still left baits in the pack that had never been used.

I have a couple of packs of Gulp Jerk shad in Sweet and Sour Chicken that will put the flounder in the boat. In clear water areas the fish love it, so I have to keep a few packs of it....:) caught some nice trout on it also.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Gulp baits have a big following and they catch loads of fish on it. For the occasional or weekend angler it is a good product. Just put on a jighead and fish will bite it. However when the pinfish eat the tail, claws or legs off of the bait, nothing else wants it, rarely is it continued to be use.

ZMan is 10X tough and will last a long time. I used 1 bait out of a pack for a week. That is keeping money in my pocket. Still left baits in the pack that had never been used.

I have a couple of packs of Gulp Jerk shad in Sweet and Sour Chicken that will put the flounder in the boat. In clear water areas the fish love it, so I have to keep a few packs of it....:) caught some nice trout on it also.
After three weeks of fishing I have yet to have to replace my DOA shrimp, still using the same one. I have been fortunate enough to catch several trout and a few reds with this bait. I'm sold on DOA. I did use a Gulp shrimp and after landing the third trout was forced to replace it. I suppose it's all about preference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts