NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Trent river and Lawson creek today after getting crowded out in swanboro this morning (did manage one small red). Anyhow we were hoping for some Stripers, which didn't happen, but we caught large mouth all over. In the creek and even under the railroad trestle in the main river. Question number one is has anyone seen many Stripers in the area lately? Too late now but just curious. My main question is how far up do the trout, drum and flounder go? I really didn't know what to expect till the bass started biting. They all came on topwater she pups and badonkadonks by the way. Not sure when i'll get back to new bern but I was just curious. We did get to enjoy a beautiful sunset on the river.

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
Actually when I fish in town at new Bern I use spooks and skitterwalks and badonkadonks for lmb. I'm not familiar with she pups but they look like skitterwalks best I can tell. Good to hear there are some in town. We have been going as faw from there as possible most of the txs lol.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Those are not what I consider a big bait, average size, good also for speckled trout. Stripers are usually caught on the main Neuse River from New Bern high rise down towards Broad and Goose Creeks. They have been catching some smaller size ones lately. The bigger ones will be back as soon as their upriver spawn has finished. Long ways back from Raleigh by river

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.