NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time out for my Dad & I in this area. We got a late start after getting fishing licenses & some advice.

We anchored up in about 7-8 ft of water. We were getting nibbles from small croakers. Finally caught a few & put one back out on a rod. Next thing we know the rod tip is bouncing. We reel it up & all but the head of the croaker is gone. What would that have been? Down in FL we would figure a shark or barracuda. We caught a stingray, bluefish, & some more croakers before we finally moved.

We caught some live bait & tried to move into an area where we would be protected from the wind, as it was picking up. The last spot was the most productive. We caught a 12" Flounder(my first one & released of course), 19" red drum, and 2 trout at 17" & 16". Fresh fish was good for dinner.

I'll attempt to post some pics, but I have to resize them first.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Welcome BamBam! Sounds like you had a great first time out for sure. No telling what you hooked on the live croaker. Could have been a Blue or a shark.

·
Registered
791 Posts
If it was a clean bite up to the head, I'd lay money on the blue idea... if it was ragged and the eyes missing you got ate up by pinfish.

Congrats on the catch! sounds like you guys had a good time.. are you staying in the area?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good first trip!!! heck, good anytime trip!!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you all did pretty good! Thanks for the report.

No worries on resizing the pictures. If you use our automated attachment feature (click the button labeled "manage attachment" in a new thread or in advanced mode on a reply or edit - it will guide you through the rest and do the resizing).

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
The manage attachments button is below the submit reply button under attach files in the Additional Options block. It will cause a screen to pop up and you click on browse. That will take you to the last set of pictures you uploaded to your computer. Click on the picture you want to upload to the post. It will take you back one page and you can hit the second browse button and add another and so on. When you have all your pictures selected, click on upload in the lower right hand corner of the block where all the browse buttons are. The server does the rest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

Here are some pics from Tuesday. My daughter came out to check out Dad & Grandpa's catch. We had her hold the trout with the Boga grip. She said, "I want to hold it with my hands." I was impressed.

We went out today. Hit the same spot we finished at on Tuesday. We caught a 16" trout, 2 undersize reds(released), & another 12" flounder(released). Only the flounder was caught after 10 am. Everything else came early.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
To be first timers looks like you are really tearing them up!

Thanks for the report.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.