NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conditions were perfect this morning for striper around New Bern. A light SEerly wind (my favorite) backed the water up and the clouds stayed out most of the morning. We started fishing the Neuse and Trent Rivers around 7AM and fished till 1PM. Ended up catching 15 striper. Two in the slot, 3 or 4 around 20", and the rest around 18". We found fish scattered out pretty much everywhere with most bites in 4-6' of water.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sounds like a good day. I'd like to hit that area in my kayak and try for some stripers. Not sure how close to the 2 launches you were but that area in town is very accessible.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can drag and launch a kayak from Bridgeton at their little water front park and fish the railroad there or launch from Lawson creek and fish the bridges across the Trent. I used to do both in my kayak and did okay on striper.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can drag and launch a kayak from Bridgeton at their little water front park and fish the railroad there or launch from Lawson creek and fish the bridges across the Trent. I used to do both in my kayak and did okay on striper.
Where's the waterfront park in Bridgeton? I know where the new marina is, near the railroad bridge, but have never noticed the park. Would be good to know in case I want to launch there someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.