NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been to Lawson's lately? Went thru there toady and noticed the RR turn bridge was closed. Anyone have any info if it opens or when it does. I want to fish for some stripers around the trussel but don't know how to get to them. Any info is appreciated.

Venom

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Is it that work is being done to the RR tressel bridge, and no boat traffic is allowed to go through there?

·
Registered
197 Posts
It closes about 45 minutes prior to the train coming over it or if they need to do repair work. I fished both RR bridges last night and both were open. There are no "scheduled" openings as the default position is open. You can fish from either RR bridge. They have no trespassing signs up but the local police officers I've talked to say they leave the anglers alone as long as they have enough sense to vacate when the turntable closes.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Train hit a box truck on Hancock st yesterday right befor the bridge. I'm guessing this is what it was

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a follow-up. Went to Glenbernie launch and it had no water. I could see the end of both ramps and it was about a foot deep. Guess the wind blew it out. Went to Hancock creek instead. Caught 5 short flounder. Ran over to Slocum and caught 2 more. Wind was blowing pretty good. Talked to one of my buddies and he got a 29in striper that went right at 9lbs out of one of them. He wouldn't tell me which one.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
243 Posts
That bridge over the Trent will let a fair size fishing boat under it. My my boat, with platform poling has made it. There were five of six guys waiting, I just went under.

Close but made it. Don't remember if water was blown in or out, could make a difference, I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts