NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a new Polar 2100CC deep vee with a Yam 150 four. I'm looking forward to doing some offshore and inshore fishing this year. I have been fishing Topsail inlet, Riches inlet, and masonboro inlet for about a year and a half with some success using the boats I owned prior to the Polar. Far from accomplished at fishing or boating, I believe this will be a great forum to speed up the learning curve. I plan on going out to the closer reefs and wrecks off topsail, masonboro inlet, and carolina beach as the weather, conditions, and season allow. I am open to any and all
advice, or info in general as I hope to boat as safely as possible while I enjoy some fishing! Of course as I gain experience and start reeling in the fish, I'll be happy to pass the experience along. :D

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hey Al, good to hear from you again. I have a 19' CC and do a lot of fishing out of Topsail, so any time you want to buddy boat give me a shout. My call sign on the water is Fly Away - I monitor channels 68,69 & 72 (9 & 16 too of course).

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T A
Sounds like a good idea for the near future! What have you fished for most recently? Did you have much luck this past season? I had some rotten luck in 2006 which is why I wasn't around. I'll spare you the details. The good news is the new boat is in for its 10 hour service, I'm back, and ready for hopefully a great year with some good fishing! By the way, the call sign here is yellowrose.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
B A
It's been a pretty good winter so far, not much cold weather so the fish are still active. Trout & drum inshore. Caught some grouper, black sea bass and even some nice flounder off shore. Caught some nice stripers in the Cape Fear River too.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking forward to this spring and some warmer weather! I've gathered alot of info from this site and look forward to putting it to use. Just want to say thanks to all the experienced anglers on this site , for offering some of their expertise.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
By the way, the call sign here is yellowrose.
That doesn't make you Texan, does it? I claim to be "Texan by marriage" when I can get away with it....

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Heh heh -- I've got a yellow boat too (12' kayak), but it's the blonde wife who's from Texas. And she isn't fond enough of the boat to appreciate a gesture like that. :rolleyes:

Lefty

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd tell you to get a kayak built for two, and maybe that would make her more fond! On second thought, I take that comment back, I think I heard from someone that double seaters lead to divorce! Oh well stick with what you got, maybe she'll adjust.:D By the way I did live in Texas every other week for about a year due to business requirements. That was during the boom times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.