NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Looks like you have it all covered with your new outfit from the sounds to the Gulf Stream and anywhere in between. Congrats.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Those Everglades are one of the nicest brands I've ever climbed on. Although I've never had a ride on one, it is one of the best for fit and finish I've seen. She is a real beauty. I hope she rides high and you stay dry. Are you gonna get a rubber keel guard? I'd be tempted.
Very nice indeed!
Andy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wellcraft Dave, that is a boatmaster trailer and yeah I will have to change my site name but I am so used to it that it will be awhile before I can decide what to change it to.
Thanks guys and I may go with a keel guard but a friend of mine had one and it would not stay on:)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Roger that, looks exactly like a Road King Alum trailer. Nice rig all the way around.
You'll definately love that Honda motor. Friend of mine in Topsail has a 200 hp Honda and it has been trouble free for him 4 seasons now. It's amazing how much motor Honda can pack under that cowling!

Any hints to electronics set up?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For electronics, I had the Raymarine C80 flush mounted chart plotter fish finder/ depth sounder, GPS connected up to a Raymarine 54 VHf in case of distress you hit the distress button and it is supposed to send your GPS coordinantes with the distress call. I hope it works but don't dare try it as I think that would **** off the coast guard. I need the installer to adjust the transom mounted transducer as I loose bottom over 20 MPH. I could not get a through hull the way Everglades are built they are unsinkable and the I guess the way they foam fill them and RAMCAP cunstruction seals the Top to the bottom making it a virtually one piece hull

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
When you get your MMSI #, and with your radio, you should be able to make "Boater to Boater" call's, just like using a phone. The MMSI # is basically your ID #.

I'm in the same situation you are, I have all my unit's talking to each other (Sonar/GPS/VHF), but no around me here at the house to test the MMSI CH 70 boat to boat call to see if it works/register's on another vessel/unit.

Ay... thru hull's can be tricky,,, easiest set up is transom mount 'ducer. If you get a chance, please post some pix, would love to see it!!

Ray stuff is good stuff, great choice for your rig

Wonder if BoatUS or Sea Tow would provide a MMSI test or maybe can instruct/guide on how to go about doin a functional test... For me, I'm so far away from the coast to try it, I'd have to find a neighbor close by or buddy boat on the lake around here to test it.
Wiring the NMEA is super easy.... I just did mine a little while ago... shoulda done when I did my install on the gear. Just love that Ray Digital Sonar.... it's awsome!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
My neighbor's hookin up his VHF/GPS and all that, we're gonna get him set up with his MMSI #.. so we're gonna do a check ourselves here in our 'hood.
Told him it would probably be a good idea for us to have each others #'s since we both run out of the same area.

Also helping him with parts restoration on his Grady 22 Seafarer (1987)... last week we've been going over gameplan, changing trailer tires and doing trailer maintenance before moving up to boat systems and stuff. He just got his hardtop installed and we're gonna snake wires thru the tubes this weekend... busy busy!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.