NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Nice video. You don't spook fish with the rivet on the gig? we started putting electrical tape on them because the water draining would spook them sometimes. Me and my buddy gigged last weekend and got 22 (com license), they were buried for everywhere we looked/could see. Them lights are awesome too, Ed got some this year from your cousin (I think), good guy and makes some nice lights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks as always! Appreciate the information you share in all of your posts.

I know you can gig in water as deep as you can clearly see through which is obviously dependent on several factors but where would you say most of your fish come from? Less than a foot, 1-2 feet, over 2? I don't get to gig much so i'm just trying to figure out where to spend most of my time looking. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice video. You don't spook fish with the rivet on the gig? we started putting electrical tape on them because the water draining would spook them sometimes. Me and my buddy gigged last weekend and got 22 (com license), they were buried for everywhere we looked/could see. Them lights are awesome too, Ed got some this year from your cousin (I think), good guy and makes some nice lights.
I don't have trouble with the rivet spooking them.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks as always! Appreciate the information you share in all of your posts.

I know you can gig in water as deep as you can clearly see through which is obviously dependent on several factors but where would you say most of your fish come from? Less than a foot, 1-2 feet, over 2? I don't get to gig much so i'm just trying to figure out where to spend most of my time looking. Thanks.
All of the above. I spend most of my time in 1' or so usually because of the weight I have in the boat with people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.