NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just joined the forum and figured ide introduce myself, my name is Zack I fish mostly freshwater, my father is known on this site as J Scott, i also enjoy going out on Harris lake with my dad in our 1966 Crosby sled. That's all I have to say for now thank you.

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Welcome to NCAngler!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hello! I just joined the forum and figured ide introduce myself, my name is Zack I fish mostly freshwater, my father is known on this site as J Scott, i also enjoy going out on Harris lake with my dad in our 1966 Crosby sled. That's all I have to say for now thank you.
Welcome aboard Zack. What's a 1966 Crosby sled? Sounds nice.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Welcome aboard Zack. What's a 1966 Crosby sled? Sounds nice.
4acres Zack is my son and our boat is a 14' Crosby Sled It is a fiberglass boat that is shaped like a Boston Whaler. It was built in 1966 and they were only made for about 2 years and there is not a lot of info about them. It was my fathers boat that was passed down to me.

·
Registered
507 Posts
So Zack is third generation to use the Crosby? Sounds like a well made boat and an heirloom, now. Memories shared on that boat must be priceless. Thanks for sharing. Here's to wishing you and Zack many, many more great memories (and stories).

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
526 Posts
4acres yes he is the 3rd generation to catch fish on that boat. IT is very special to me and hopefully i can pass it down to him to enjoy with his kids.

Reactions: dbeam and 4acres

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
That's awesome. When I took my son out in my 1962 jonboat, he became the 4th generation in it also. I think that's just very cool, hard to really put into words how a "thing" can have more meaning than a "thing" should. :D

Reactions: J Scott and 4acres

·
Registered
507 Posts
Awesome is RIGHT. I enjoy running my fingers down the edges and lines studying the craftsmanship of old things. So many things bought today is cheap and disposable, often made in China, Taiwan or Mexico. I praise you guys for hanging on to those jewels.
And the best part is hearing the stories of how that scratch, dent, or gouge got there or when grandpa tells an embarrassing story about grandma when they were both young. Priceless!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.