NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,
Just found this site and i am excited to find some new spots around here to fish and maybe meet up with some people and do a lil fishing. i recently got my girlfriend in to fishing we try to go every weekend. last weekend we went to latta plantation and had ok luck, caught my first bass since moving to NC usually end up with cat fish and sun fish on the line when we fished lake norman. we also have a couple of yaks but we havnt used them for fishing yet, looking forward to trying some of that soon!

so far we have fished lake norman (lived there for a few months) and mt island lake. looking for new places closer to us in indian trail now.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome to town and NCA. Do a search on this site and you will find an abundance of local fishing holes and lakes. Usually the first ones to pop up are Col. Francis Beatty Park and some pay to play lakes like Cane Creek and the Monroe city lakes.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Nice spot there. Welcome to NCAngler!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Don't give up on Norman. Took me years to really learn that lake, there is some good fish to be caught there. Norman is just a tough lake to learn, or it was for me anyways. I'm usually down that way 1 or 2 times a month and just bought my 1st yak. I'll be bringing it with me from now on. I'll give you a heads up next time I'm headed that way.

Reactions: bearcat91

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
welcome to the party

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.