NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I live out in Richlands but frequently fish New River, Seaview Pier, Bougue, North Topsail inlet and the Nuese. Grew up freshwater fishing in north Georgia so it's been a learning curve but I love it. Been catching a lot of flounder. Been TRYING to catch reds and trout, no luck. My fishing partner loves catfishing so we do a lot of that in the back creeks of the Nuese and catch a lot of bull heads. Out here in Richlands I also fish a manmade pond for bass occasionally, when I feel like getting my FLW on. Learning to fish here has really made me love and appreciate the Crystal Coast. I'm thinking about buying a house here and settling down.

Anyway, I'll be getting up bright and early tomorrow to fish. Haven't decided what for yet. Would really like to catch some reds, flounder, or trout.. but we'll see! The only boat I have access to is an old 14 foot Jon Boat that a friend lets me borrow, and it gets the job done! Grew up shore fishing so it's awesome. If anybody wants to meet up in the morning and spend the day fishin let me know. Joined up on this site to get to know folks and learn more about how to fish here.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I don't live in your area, but welcome aboard. You'll find a lot of great folks here. Welcome to NCAngler!

Reactions: Andrew Neal

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did the fishing trip go?

Darrell
Great! Had to jump around a little bit looking for trout. Started on the bank of New River by Southwest creek on the air station, nothing. Went to the other side of the bridge and fished on the rock outcropping behind the O-club that you can see from the bypass... nothing. Went over to Onslow Beach on Lejuene and fished the waterway by the bridge and caught smaller ~12in long trout every 5-10 minutes for hours. Evening time came and that heavy fog set in, couldn't even see where my lure as hitting the water! It was awesome. Switched over to a longer ~4in gulp on a jig head from the 1/4oz halo shad I was using and caught my 4 keepers by dark. I've always had some trouble picking the right lure. First time catching speckled trout though, very cool fish.. taste great, easy to clean, no crazy gil plate so they're easy to hold, and they just look good when you catch them.

Didn't get any pictures of the fish but I snapped a picture of the fog. It got 10x thicker about 20 minutes after I took this picture on the waterway.

Water Cloud Sky Atmosphere Water resources

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.