NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just moved to Davidson, NC from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I enjoy inland fishing and I have been ice fishing a few times in the U.P. and MN. I mostly caught pan fish: blue gill, rock bass, perch, and trout. Ice fishing was only walleye. I have gone fishing once in NC at Maple Lake - didn't catch anything. I fish from shore, but I'm not shy about getting in the water, I have fished in wet suit a few times.
I am a novice, however. I can tie my own lines and hook my worms, but am pretty clueless about identifying fish, knowing where to go, and all the laws for specific lakes. I got my license a few weeks ago and I'm ready to tour around! Looking for a group to go with. I was google fishing groups and I found Red X. Think I'll reach out..

Thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hello,

I just moved to Davidson, NC from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I enjoy inland fishing and I have been ice fishing a few times in the U.P. and MN. I mostly caught pan fish: blue gill, rock bass, perch, and trout. Ice fishing was only walleye. I have gone fishing once in NC at Maple Lake - didn't catch anything. I fish from shore, but I'm not shy about getting in the water, I have fished in wet suit a few times.
I am a novice, however. I can tie my own lines and hook my worms, but am pretty clueless about identifying fish, knowing where to go, and all the laws for specific lakes. I got my license a few weeks ago and I'm ready to tour around! Looking for a group to go with. I was google fishing groups and I found Red X. Think I'll reach out..

Thanks!
Hello,

Thanks!
Check out the Fishing Clubs forum. There’s upcoming Red X trips coming up including Morrow Mountain. Very friendly and knowledgeable group of guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the Fishing Clubs forum. There’s upcoming Red X trips coming up including Morrow Mountain. Very friendly and knowledgeable group of guys.
I checked out the trip, not sure if I can make that one or not. I reached out to Island man but no reply. Anyone going fishing this weekend? Or is this just a summer gang?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts