NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to meet you all. Thanks for having me here with ya.

I'm Dewi (yes that's my real name - pronounced - DO-WE). 32 year old female born and raised in Southern California, and fishing all my life. Currently living in Tehachapi, CA here in the mountains, but on my way out and moving to Bettie, NC in the next week or so.....I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

I usually fish for trout, mostly because everywhere I go, that is usually what is most plentiful, with the occasional catifish or whatever else bites....I am a freshwater girl, but I do love saltwater fishing also. Grew up with my grandpa on his boat and in his garage making his flies and rods, and also tending to his earthworm garden...

I just love to fish, it is my therapy, my meditation, and I usually always eat what I catch.....Do not mind C&R's as I like to call them, just not for me, unless they are not keeper size....but I just don't like to be chastised for keeping them, lol!!

I grew up fishing places out in California, never anything back in NC!!!!! My mother is an avid 'Reel Woman' also, so we have kinda just always fished for fun since I was small......

When I moved away from California before, to Las Vegas , I branched out to Utah and Colorado with friends to fish and let me tell you, that was amazing, but the best must have been Northern California fishing in late fall around Sacramento, and them Salmon - AWESOME!!!

These days, when I can get away, for I have an Autistic son, I will fish just about anywhere, for anything :)

Oh boy I could go on and on about myself, but you would probably all be bored, if you want to know more, just ask, I am pretty versatile and like many things, or you can go to my profile here and go to my networking site listed to learn more...not too many fishing pics, as it seems we never had a camera, now I never leave home without one, but my friend has the best shots of his East Coast Jersey Stripers, I will be adding those pics back on to my site soon....

Again, I am happy to be here, and hope to talk to you all real soon

~~Dewi~~

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Welcome aboard, I'm sure that you will find the fishing in NC to be outstanding. The fish along the coast are normally ready and willing to play. You have gotta try the redfishing at least once. After that it will be the fish of choice to stretch your line.

Freshwater fish also abound, there you can catch it all, bream, crappie, largemouth bass, catfish.

Once again, welcome aboard and good luck on your future endeavers.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party!!

Reactions: CaliBornFishinChick

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard Dewi! Seeing as you like to fish, I'm sure you will love NC. We have everything from trout in the mountains, catfish, bass and stripers in the lakes and some of the best saltwater fishing on the east coast. We look forward to your future catching reports and pics.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Took me a minute to find Bettie -- I've only lived in NC for 33 years, still trying to find my way around! :D Ok, got it, north and east of Beaufort.

Welcome aboard!

Reactions: CaliBornFishinChick

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Took me a minute to find Bettie -- I've only lived in NC for 33 years, still trying to find my way around! :D Ok, got it, north and east of Beaufort.

Welcome aboard!
Thanks Lefty - saved me some mapping... I thought the only thing North and East of Beaufort was the end of the earth (aka Forrest's place). Guess there's more habitable landmass out there than I realized.

Welcome Dewi, make sure you let us know when you've hit the NC salt (or fresh)!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hello Dewi, and welcome to NCAngler. I hope that you and your son will be happy here in NC and stay a while. We have a wonderful community of information and support for all. This state has all a sportsperson could ever want. Good to have you here and Good Luck in your move.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good Lord girl, how did you find Bettie, NC from southern Cal???
Have you even seen, where you are moving? One thing true is, you will really enjoy the fishing. You are giong to be living in some of the last remote coastal regions of NC....tis where my roots are from. Since 1702!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.