NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Name is Mickey and I live in Angier, just S of Raleigh. Live all my life in NC from the mts to just past 95. Been fishing as long as I can remember. Grandmother got me started. She fished to eat. She liked to say " If it is bigger than a butter bean , keep it. You eat butter beans don't you?" I mostly fish for fun, but not above filling a cooler for a fish fry.

I have gone full circle fishing. From river banks, to 1 man plywood boat, to 16 ft bass boat, to a 23 ft W/A and now back to a 13 ft kayak. I stopped fishing a few years after running the w/a. It got so fishing was more work than fun. The kayak has brought the fun back to fishing.

Ok thanks for letting me ramble. Lots of good info on here.

Mickey

·
Registered
365 Posts
My brother says (assuming creel limits allow) that if you can get a filet the size of a fish stick out of it, it's big enough to keep.
I like the butter bean standard. I like butter beans more than I do fish sticks.
Welcome.

Plus Fishin',
RW

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
Sorry, what's w/a ?

Glad you've joined us. Welcome to NCAngler!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Mickey, welcome to the forum. I live a few miles west of Angier myself. Running a semi-vee aluminum boat, 15hp Johnny. Wish I had the funds for a kayak too, looks like a lot of fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts