NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a little while to see what y'all are catching on what bait.

Picked up a fly set after going to Boone with a buddy's gear last month and was hooked but hated that I couldn't land the bass I saw others pulling in on spinning tackle (and throwing a senko on a fly rod gets ridiculous)

Went to BPS on Saturday and picked up their $25 Ultralight rig (it's bright yellow) along with some green pumpkin magic Speedcraws.

Stopped by a private/neighborhood pond tonight and was having a good rate on the weightless wacky senko. After one guy took my worm I decided I'd try the Speedcraws I've heard so much about on here.

It was getting dark so I didn't have a ton of time but in 3 casts, I got 3 bass (biggest was only about 13" but I've never seen much bigger get pulled from here. A lot of fun on an ultralight).

You guys have me sold!

·
Registered
441 Posts
You have chosen wisely, the forums are great to get insight with...of course you'll need to fine tune with your own techniques, and hopefully we can learn from you! Welcome aboard!!

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Been lurking for a little while to see what y'all are catching on what bait.

Picked up a fly set after going to Boone with a buddy's gear last month and was hooked but hated that I couldn't land the bass I saw others pulling in on spinning tackle (and throwing a senko on a fly rod gets ridiculous)

Went to BPS on Saturday and picked up their $25 Ultralight rig (it's bright yellow) along with some green pumpkin magic Speedcraws.

Stopped by a private/neighborhood pond tonight and was having a good rate on the weightless wacky senko. After one guy took my worm I decided I'd try the Speedcraws I've heard so much about on here.

It was getting dark so I didn't have a ton of time but in 3 casts, I got 3 bass (biggest was only about 13" but I've never seen much bigger get pulled from here. A lot of fun on an ultralight).

You guys have me sold!
Don't tell Jerry Condrey, his head will swell!

Welcome to NCAngler, congrats on the catch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the board. I guess I'll have to give those speedcraws myself. I've been putting it off but from what I keep reading I guess I can't put it off any longer. Again welcome to the board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.