NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a word to say hi to all. First and formost my favorite fishing is flyfishing for mountain trout.But living on the coast I have to make rivers and salt suffice. I fish from kayaks and canoes for bream and bass and trout and drum from my carolina skiff. fish hard and paddle far.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Howdy ogre, welcome to the site.
Whereabouts on the coast do you hang out? I'm assuming that if it were anywhere near Hatteras you'd have said you lived on the Outer Banks, not "at the coast". I got hooked on fishing at Hatteras. ...and can't catch anything but sticks anywhere else, it seems... :D

Hoping to join the ranks of the yak-mobile.. maybe that'll take me to bigger and better sticks.
Lefty

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome...you've found the right site. NC Angler (Randy) has managed to put together something pretty impressive. Mountains to saltwater it's all here, even it does lean more to the salty side. There's a good group here and a lot of knowledge, feel free to share your own.

Nevermind Lefty, he's got some kinda stick obsession :rolleyes:. I'm pretty sure he was fetch-happy golden retriever in past life..........that might explain the leash!:D

PH

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Yeah Parrot, but you'd of been proud to watch how he reel'd in this one stick,,, he fought it like a champ! :) I'd hate to go up against him in a stick fishin tourny!! (pickin on ya Lefty!) :)

Welcome Ogrefish! Plenty of yakers here to share stuff with for sure!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Grrr!

<sigh> If the collar fits, wear it, I guess....

O'Lefty

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
It's all good Lefty

Hey man, next time we fish, I'll leave my boy at home so "we" can catch some fish... :)

You saw how hard it was to get him off the spot when it's "hot"... even his uncle Gus had to fight him for the spot. Pretty sad when grown men have to push the 5 yr old out of the way to catch some fish! ha ha ha hah a ha.... (but not like Levi wasnt rubbin it in on the score either ya know...) :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ogre,
I live in the mountains and can see and catch trout just outside my office window. We love the salt water fishing though and rarely go fishing locally although we have all the gear for flyfishing at our fingertips. Isn't it strange we always want what the other guy has. Welcome aboard.
Tight tippets,
Andy

·
Registered
574 Posts
carpenter33 said:
Isn't it strange we always want what the other guy has.
Not so sure it's always what the other guy has it may be the way Twain put it in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer,"...in order to make a man or a boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to obtain. "

PH

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my area

Thanks for the welcome guys,I live in wilmington and fish the salt around wrightsville and carolina beaches. I also like to fish from the yak in the north east cape fear. my biggest bass on the fly is an eight pounder.and I do catch a stick now and then myself. I`m taking a trip to Titusville fla. in april to wade the flats I went last year but came down with pneumonia as soon as I got there.In may I`ll be in Bryson city to catch the last few days of the delayed harvest onthe tuck.tight lines

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.