NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Call me Malt.
I'm a math teacher from the Lake Norman Area and usually enjoy going after largemouth bass in the Lake or in ponds around the area. I've had good success back home, but I'll be in Watauga County for a month or so and am a bit out of my element. All I've managed to land are bluegill from Trout Lake and Bass Lake using roostertails and could really use some advise for the area.
Anyway, that's all I've got for an intro.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
If you find yourself in the Triad, let me know, I'll be happy to help. Hopefully some of the guys from the West end will chime in for ya. Good luck, and welcome to NCAngler!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
chatter baits
anywhere near wood and shade.

A weightless zoom mag finesse worm. Chunk it and twitch, when you see you line move take up slack and send the hook home. This time of year upsize the offering and slow WAY down. When you think your fishing to slow, cut that speed by 90% and the go slower.

Welcome to the forum!

Gene - RED >X< - Asheboro

·
Red X Angler
11,444 Posts
Welcome to the site, I would try finding some spots to get in and wade in the South Fork of the New before you come home. The bass may not be big but river fish seem to out fight anything in still water.

Darrell

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I'd have to agree with dbeam. When we caught our fish over the weekend they fought much tougher than the fish up in the lake we were at in May, and these down here were smaller.

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.