NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waded one of our favorite spots on The New on Friday. Water was low and pretty clear but I still managed to fall! :)
As for fishing... it was a tad slow. Two of us picked up a few smallies and lost a few as well. All were in the in the 12-15 inch range. No real pattern emerged. Fish were all hooked on jerkbaits or Rebel Craws. Did note that most bites were during same periods that carp were jumping. I will definitely pay more attention to that going forward.

Fish of the day was definitely my first musky. A teenager by Musky standards at 31 inches but a big fish on a 6 foot rod rigged for smallmouth. Ends my losing streak as to date I had a follow, a jump and thrown bait and a big ol senko bit in half. Pretty cool fish.

Water temps were estimated in upper 50s. Love the smallmouth.

Thinking about replacing the rear hook on the Rebel Craw. I lose more fish on those things! Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
NCMitch- the craw colored Rapala shad raps are great and hooks on them are too.

Bozeman- they claim Christmas tree farming is influencing the smallmouth populations as much as anything. Who knows.

Sent from my kayak...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.