NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it, bought myself a kayak. Made the trip down to Fayettville yesterday and met backlash. He showed me his that he had for sell in the classifieds here on ncangler. It was as nice as the pictures, and he helped me also with alot of info. for a newbie like me so I took it home. Thanks backlash I also want to thank jeffonc who also helped me with info on the differant types of kayaks. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks again for all the help, reading the forms really can help alot. Oh almost forgot thanks to ncangler for having this site that we all can get together and share.:D

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Congrats to smithhut and his new ride!

I'm glad for the way that worked out - One NCangler joins the kayak club and another was able to sell his boat. I've mentioned backlash's kayak in a post or two out here and had just PM'd somebody else about it on another board. I am just a little disappointed about not having it available anymore as I was keeping a greedy eye on it. I had plenty of time to make the move myself, just wasn't quite the right time for another yak at my house. When that time comes I'll wish I had jumped. But anyway, good for you!

Where are you going to do most of your kayak fishing? We'll have to get you out on Jordan sometime with our little, but growing, flotilla. (I sense a tremble among the fishes already, but that could just be shivering from this recent cold snap).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey jeff, I am going to start out on some small ponds till I can get the feel of it. I am still new to all this I live about 35 min west of Jordan and would love to join you and your group sometime. I have never been on Jordan but thats going to change.
Thanks I'll let you know how it goes
Randy

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Jeff, I have gotten it wet and have really enjoyed it. I have been to Lake Mcintosh in Burlington, some small farm ponds and went to Lake Jordan 2 weeks ago. I have not caught alot except in the farm ponds have caught some crappie there. I went to Jordan I think it was Millers Creek and put in. The wind was blowing so hard I got quite a work out trying to get back to the ramp. But I love the kayak still not real comfortable in it yet but Iam sure that will come. I have a 14ft tri hull that has not seen the water since that kayak followed me home. I was really lucky to get such a nice kayak with all the equipment that this one had. Backlash had good deal on it and I was lucky to get it thanks to you and some others for pointing me that way. I think the Tarpon is a nice kayak I really like.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
went to Lake Jordan 2 weeks ago... I think it was Millers Creek and put in.
Not familiar with Millers Creek (doesn't mean its not down there) - maybe Weaver Creek? Anyway, lets don't hear of many more unannounced visits to our [-]turf[/-] water... makes us jealous. Give a head's up & we'll see if we can't come up with some company for you next time.

I was really lucky to get such a nice kayak with all the equipment that this one had. Backlash had good deal on it and I was lucky to get it
You can say that again. I got rid of my kiddie yak last week and am inching into the market for another full-sized ride to take my full-sized kids and friends along this summer.

Glad you've caught the fever - enjoy!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Congratz on the new kayak. You all let me know when a group heads toward Jordan I would like to join you some weekend.
I'm open Friday evening after work, if ya wanna give it a go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.