NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I grew up in Johnston County, fishing a couple of farm ponds that were by my house. Mostly burned crankbaits around and grabbed anything that hit them hard enough to stay hooked. Left for college, and came back to the area for work about 6 years ago, and only really took one, maybe two fishing trips here or there.

I'm trying to change that, and finally really dive in. While a boat/truck aren't in the cards for me yet, I have grabbed me a kayak recently, and am looking forward to getting it wet in the areas around.

I'm a largemouth guy, and currently working to educate myself on lures and techniques, as most of my fish over the years have been from lucky bites on my crankbaits.

I live near the 40/42 area, so if anyone knows of any good easy-access spots nearby for a lunch break/after dinner trip I'd be interested!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you know someone over there in Austin Pond, it's a pretty nice fishery. Plenty of various habitat and structure for Bass. It's private so you need someone who lives there to let you in to the launch area or let you launch from their property. I've fished it once and while I didn't catch much, the Bass I did catch were nice and healthy.

I enjoy kayak fishing as well so if you run across any other spots, post them up!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts