NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Nick aka younggun and im 15. I usually fish at lake rim off the peir and a small farm pond in sanford. I like catfish and crappie, im trying to get into bass but they are picky buggers. I try to get my father come out and fish but I usually go with my friends. Cant wait untill im 16 so i can get my license and drive to some spots but untill then i think a walk to a small pond is fine. Hope to see yall on the water.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome to the site, Nick. Them Bass might be well educated around that pier. When the water cools down some they should be in a less picky mood. They will be trying to pack on some fat for winter. Don't give up on them. You'll get their number sooner or later if you hang tough with them.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party Younggun. Nice to have some youth around...LOL!! I'm sure you can hang a biggun if you stick around and study up!!! Summer heat is the hardest fishing so dont be discouraged, fall is coming!!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
WELCOME NICK, YOU KEEP FISHING THEM BASS THERE PICKY BUT AFTER AWILE THEY WILL MAKE A MISTAKE AND THE FIGHT WILL BE ON, AN THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOOT THE TACKLE MONKEY.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome aboard Nick. It is refreshing to hear a young man that loves to fish so much that you make it happen. :D When I was 12 I used to load 3-4 rigs in the basket on my bike and tool across town (grew up in Mebane) to the lake to fish for Carp by myself. They were great fun to fight. You are fostering a life-long passion for the outdoors my young friend. ;)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Thanks for the catch report!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.