NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! Glad I found this place! I live in the Asheville area, and my home lake is James, have a camper and pontoon boat there, mainly fish for crappie and walleye. We just bought a 22' C Dory Angler cabin boat, so I'm trying to get back into striper fishing during the colder months, hope to hit Rhodhiss and Hickory soon if water levels allow.
I also fish from kayaks. I have one that's set up just for fishing.
Kids are grown now, or in college, so if there's any money left for tackle and gas (or paddles)...I'm making time to go fish'n!

Tight lines!
Snal~
(Larry)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Larry!
We've got quite an armada of yak-fishers already on board -- you can put yourself on the map (http://www.ncangler.com/forums/maps.php?map=yakermap) by going to User CP, then in the list on the left, look down under Miscellaneous, and then Group Memberships... Tag yourself as a kayak angler and voila!

Which yak do you have?
Lefty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lefty!
I have a WS Tarpon 140 rigged with a scotty tree, GPS, and a fish finder. The tree kinda gets in the way sometimes, so I just added 2 built-in rod holders on the rear deck. Still need to rig an anchor system though. My second fish'n yak is a WS Tsunami 145, but I prefer the Tarpon unless I really need to paddle a long way.

Snal~

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Welcome to NCangler Larry. I've seen you online somewhere before. Glad you found us out here.

If you haven't found it yet, take a look at our Kayak Anglers Map (Info->Kayak Anglers Map from the menu bar) and see if you can help populate your part of the state. (No penalty for dabbling in assisted-power vessels!)

PS - please send some rain down the hill, but feel free to keep the cold stuff up there...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Kewl! Those Tarpons are popular boats!
If you ever feel like paddling the Triangle area, be sure to give a shout!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Don't get caught watching the weather on TV during the middle of a post or Lefty will sneak right in front of you!
What's a TV?
I'm gonna turn in -- you can take it from here, Jeff.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to NCangler Larry. I've seen you online somewhere before. Glad you found us out here.

If you haven't found it yet, take a look at our Kayak Anglers Map (Info->Kayak Anglers Map from the menu bar) and see if you can help populate your part of the state. (No penalty for dabbling in assisted-power vessels!)

PS - please send some rain down the hill, but feel free to keep the cold stuff up there...
I seem to join some sort of online fishing group every other day! :)...but I love to gather information about all of my interests online. The wife says that's a fault of mine...but I don't see it that way...LOL!
If we ever get any rain....I'll be doing my best to make it stop here for awhile!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome Larry, I'm also in Asheville and do the boat thing on lake James, I put in at the Moose and have friend with houseboat and pontoon there , do lots of stream flyfishing in the area also. Keep an eye out for crummy he also is from the edge of the mountains a good guy and knows the streams very well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.