NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I've visited this site for a couple weeks and really like what I'm seeing here. Decided it was time to make it official and join up. Looking forward to getting to know you. I'm keeping it short tonight because it's late so Hello to all and to all a good night!
Gery

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Hello Gery and welcome!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome aboard, Gery. I don't think I've ever heard that name before. Is it pronounced "jerry" or "gary?" I ask because my name is Gary. This is a great site and very supportive in their knowledge and willingness to help. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Slowriser, my name is spelled with an "E" in it but it is pronounced as if it were Gary. I've never seen it spelled that way again in my lifetime either. Anyway I love to fish and especially love to mount them as I am a taxidermist. I have a little 17 ft. scout that does a good job for me nearshore. The best thing is I can have a flexable schedule so if during the week someone is looking a partner give me a shout. I just might can make it! The Lord has truely blessed me in life and I truely believe being a part of this site is just another one of His blessings that will bring great joy!
Gery

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey, knowing your particular talent is a real plus. I have never mounted a fish I've caught. I either eat them or release them. I have had some ducks and birds mounted. Where is Scotts Hill? I'd love to go sometime. I like the weekdays cause there is less traffic on the water and the fish aren't as spooked. Tight lines!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gary,
It's true, I'm smack in the middle between Wrightsville Beach and Topsail inlet. The cool thing about the taxidermy is you don't have to have the fish to get the mount, measurements and a good pic will do just fine. I've never caught a Rainbow or Brown Trout but they are beautiful fish and I'm sure wanting to try to catch one soon. I'm assuming Nashville is near or in the mountains? I looked at some of the pics you posted and they are cool indeed. Here is a pic of a rainbow I just finished.
Gery

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thank you Sinker Man, and you are definitely right. Saltwater Heaven there. Gery, Nashville is just out of the flat land. Just about 6 miles west of I-95 at the Rocky Mount exit. West US64 to be exact. Nice place to live, just far from the Mountains. I love to camp and Fly Fish so I make the trip. I also love to fish the brine, so I go as often as possible to the coast. Was going today, but the report is the storm mudded up the water. I want to get on some Spanish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.