NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member. I live in Clemmons and have lived here for 9 years. I have a bass boat and I fly fish, bass fish and also run down to the Roanok River for Shad and stripers. I have also gone to Paradis Cove for Bulls reds. I ah e basically lost my fishing partners due to family and illnes issues. I am looking for someone to be my fishing partner. I have a 19 foot Lowe's bass boat. I also fish the mountain streams with fly, etc. I tie flies and I have took guys to Alaska on motorhome trips fishing many stream in the Pennsiula. I work part time and like to fish during the week. I would also fish tournaments if they are reasonable. I have a Facebook page/Southernboysflies where I show my flies and I also have some videos on utube. I don't enjoy fishing alone because I am afraid I'll catch a wopper and no one will believe me. Strong strong knots and sharp hooks catch fish, Pete

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Welcome aboard, I am in Hickory, I get a lot of weekdays off. I do some DH trout fishing, (mostly spinning) some kayak river fishing as well. If you want to fish some this fall winter send me a PM when you get 5 posts, and we'll set something up. I used to fish Hickory, Lookout, and Rhodhiss a lot, but since i have gotten into yak fishing, I let my SIL take over my old 18' Lowe.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
I just watched your nail biter fly video on FB, You will be in good company here, there are lots of great tyers here. I don't know if you have noticed yet there is a section here with some of the favorite flies.

Darrell

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome. I also live in Clemmons and fish almost exclusively during week due to my work schedule. Mostly bass fish on the Yadkin chain, Lake Hickory and Randleman Lake.

Maybe it'll work out and we can get together.

Marc

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I'm not in your area anymore, but there are some quality folks there. I've never met an NCAngler member who wasn't top notch, and I have personally met and fished with Darrell (dbeam) and Marc (threeoh8holes) and I can say 100% if you can get caught up with either of them, you will have an excellent fishing partner for the day.

Greetings gentlemen, I hope all is well!

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Thank you for the kind words Sam. I think southernboys has left us. With the number of new members that sign on them never return to comment, it makes me wander what we do to run them off.

Darrell

·
Registered
507 Posts
Try typing your comment in the "Quick Reply" box then clicking the "Post Quick Reply" at the bottom.
Looks like it worked the last time...

Reactions: wademaster

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
We are doing well, thanks! The bass here in the panhandle are small, so that's been a disappointment but otherwise the fishing is pretty wide open. My current major goal is to pull an inshore slam and freshwater slam in the same day without taking the boat out of the water, and it's totally do-able once I learn 20 years worth of fishing knowledge!

Southernboys, your posts are subject to a delay with being moderated till you are a full member, for which you need half a dozen posts or so. Then your replies will get posted immediately.

Welcome to NCAngler. :D

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.