NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently joined as a member, and have been hooked on fishing since my dad put me in the canoe at the age of four, forty years ago. I live in Troy,NC and enjoy both salt & fresh water fishing. Also enjoy fishing bass tournaments over the years, but have recently sold my bass boat, and bought a sv1900 seapro. I've fished alot at the coast,but only from the surf. I'll be taking it down in the next week or so to get it wet. Any advice on where to fish on the inside, I'll be at Holden Beach.

Thanks,
ISE4

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome to the site. I can't help with Holden Beach, but there a couple guys on here that should be able to put you on some fish. Be sure to share you stories when you get back.

I'd trade a bass boat for a seapro anyday.....I like my fish salty!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard ISE4! I'm with PH - I like my fish salty too. I do ocassionaly go trout fishing in the mountains though.

I live on the coast but north of where you will be. So I can't give you any exact spots to fish down there but this time of year the Speckled Trout and Drum are biting in the channels and creeks. On a sunny day look for the Drum on the shallow mud flats. The Trout are in deeper spots - so look for holes and drop offs. If you want to go outside the sound and bottom fish, ask some of the locals to point you toward one of the Artificial reefs.

The Bonito should be nearshore in another week or two - Then we will know spring fishing is here!

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard! I w ish I could put you on the fish but I can't either. Hampstead Fishing's advice was right on but should you decide to head outside consider having an old salt from that area to ride along and point out some important things like shallow areas and anything you might have missed in regards to needed saftey equipment etc. Personally I think it is a good idea on the inside. If you don't have a local guide go slow in the vicinity of the intersection of two channels of any type untill you know the depth. those intersecting channels are notorious for forming shallow areas just where you would think yhe water should be good and deep. Good luck and take care 'cause now we are expecting a report from you. :) Al

·
Registered
46 Posts
south brunswick

ise4
i fish the area a lot and the fishing is very good. both the shallotte and lockwood inlets and rivers feeding them are very good flounder spots. there are numerous reefs close to shore in range of your boat.(I have the sv2100).
Yaupon reef is 3 miles off the beach (long beach) and is very productive.
also the Mcglamery and the 390/390 are a short trip out. get a chart of the area and many more besides these will be listed. a short trip up the waterway puts you at southport and the possibilities there are endless.
beware of the shallotte inlet for it is not marked any longer.

good luck
reiddog ch6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.