NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Wow, what a great website/forum! I hope to gain some knowledge about kayak fishing. I have been canoeing and fishing the Dan River for 30 years and just recently obtained a Wilderness Systems Pungo. It has a basic fishing package, but I need to outfit it so I can carry essentials. At my age, I need many essentials and they have to be easy to grab.
So this is just a hello for now and I will be back (at work now) when I get home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome. It may take me a while to learn all the great bells and whistles this site has. Thanks to all that make it happen. I look forward to sharing info as well as gaining info. Good fishing everyone!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Welcome to the party!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well . I thought I posted a reply to everyone, but I never saw it come up. But thanks to all for the welcome. I see Ken and I live near each other. I have fished his lake Higgins some time back and I do recall hooking a nice bass only for it to wrap around log and I had to break it off.
TC has been out in the "hook" We used to put in at harkers Isle (fisherman's Inn) in a scanoe with a 2.7 hp outboard. I am sure they laughed at us as we put in and talked about for months after we left. But we had fun, we were safe and we caught many fish. Now I am into the kayak river fishing and I hope I live through it. You sound like good people.
Spurgeon in dry dock for now/

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Welcome Spurgeon. This place is lousy with experienced kayakers. More info than anywhere I have found. Congrats on the pungo. Always liked the lines on `em. Thought they`d make a good all around kayak.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Thanks,

The only time I took it out was last year on my home river the Dan. I put in at my house and walked it through the rapids (upriver) got in and man did it ever travel! Straight and true . Within a few minutes I was upriver at least a mile. It was slow and low due to drought. I loved it. I drifted back down fishing along the way and caught two nice bream. Put in a 7:30 am and back home in livingroom by 10:30 am. I had to get back as I was nurse to wife post surgery. We named her 'Aunt Bee" cause she is bright yellow and such a sweet boat like Andy G. Aunt BEE. We have bee decals on her. I had no idea when I bought her the paddles were so high priced, but I ended up with a mid ranged Werner. IT will be a god send I am sure. (light) I need someone to go down Dan with that likes to fish. Everyone I meet just wants to ride and not take time to fish. It takes me all day to go 4 miles. Hope you have a good evening. Looking for warm weather!
Spurgeon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.