NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is genevieve i live in morganton nc and i am an avid fisherman. i fish lake james, lake rhodhiss, lake hickory, lake julian in asheville and lake lure which is my favorite. i also fish the catawba river that runs through morganton and a few ponds in the area as well. been fishing since i was young and bass fishing for around 9 years. looking forward to meeting everyone.

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Hey, glad you have joined us. I am in Hickory and have spent a little time chasin LMB on Hickory and Rhodhiss. I have fished Johns some, but I have never spent any time on the Catawba any farther up. I have fished James a few times trying for smallies but never had any luck. I really hope that you enjoy the site. Send me a PM when you get enough posts in maybe we can do some fishing and I can pick your brain for Catawba and James info. Do you ever fish the ponds at the Prison?

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Darrell is a good fella, and a good resource for the Hickory / Rodhiss area. I agree, you have joined the best online fishing community in the area, in my opinion. Welcome to NCAngler!

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
fishmanj, the Catawba chain has most of your freshwater fishes. Starting in the mountains with James you have smallies LMB, walleye, pike and musky. This info is mostly according to rumors that I have heard because James has not been very forthcoming to me. The last lake on the chain in NC is Wylie more of your typical Peidmont Lake. There area Hybrids, stripers, cats etc. in the lakes in between. Although the Catawba chain has some good fishing if I were traveling from the coast in search of LMB I would stop at Harris, Falls, Jordan or one of the Yadkin Lakes to look for them.

But if you do "hitch a ride" sometime let me know and if I am off, I will meet you at one of the landings with the boat and we'll see what we can find.

Darrell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.