NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm 16 and fish in goldsboro and morehead at the present moment. I love to fish and have been doing it all my life. Favorite freshwater fish is a crappie and my favorite saltwater fish is speckled trout. Just wanted to ask a quick question if anybody has heard about these briggs and stratton, 5hp outboards? they are reasonably priced and at 16 I don't have all the money at the moment. Just was wondering if anyone had heard anything about them or somewhere where i may be able to find some into on it. any information would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welcome aboard!
I've been considering trying my hand at hunting crappie in Jordan, here in wake county (OK, it's in chatham, I'm in wake). I might just wind up hitting you up for some tips!
lefty

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Glad you found the site. We have one of the best sites on the net thanks to Randy ( the site creator/administrator.) There are some really fine fishing folks here and they don't mind helping a guy out. We can generally get answers if we don't have them so if you have a question or tip or just want to talk fishing don't hesitate to fire away. The briggs motor you are refering to is a freshwater model but who knows they might have a saltwater model in the works. For right now it might be your best option. If you take good care of it you would probably be able to get most of your money back should you decide to sell it. With it being a four stroke you should get great fuel mileage and have a quieter running motor to boot. Briggs already has a good parts network so you shouldn't have trouble getting parts. AL

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot for all the help guys. It will defenitely help me out in making a choice. Theres a chance I might be going down to the morehead/beaufort area this weekend. If I get a chance I'll try to wet a line and get yall a fishing report. I hear they are catching some trout and reds at the lookout jetty. Hopefullly I'll get a chance to actually fish but if i don't I'll try to get a report from the locals down there.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sinker man I see that you are from Greenville , SC. I was wondering if you knew a local fisherman down there by the name of Roy Phillips. He puts on an annual fishing tournament every year called Phillips - Folly, I belive. In case your wondering he is a relative of mine. Just curious. Wish yall the best :cool:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
The name doesn't ring a bell but it is quite possible that I would have met him. I'm not a tournament fisherman and don't keep up with them but I will check with a friend of mine this weekend and see if he can tell me a little more and maybe jog my memory. There are multiple tournaments here nearly every week so it is hard to keep track of them. AL

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
talk to a younger guy down there at freemans tackle in atlantic beach and he told me the same thing that i read in the newspaper. Reds and trout at the lookout jetty said he wasnt sure what they were catching them on. Can't wait till the water starts to warm up and warmer months. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.