NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gained access to a new but small pond within walking distance of our new residence yesterday. It's totally in the woods. I left the wife and new baby with the "all too familiar" visiting in-laws for a bit and snuck into the woods for a short hike.

Finally located the pond and seen some fish activity. Pieced my fly rod together and tied on the first general fly I seen. Caught several bluegill and seen bass swimming.

You guys don't have to tell me how impressive these small fish are but it was good to break out of the house after a week of hands on new born training. I'll be frequenting this little private area often for peace and quiet in the future. Good fishing.

Sent from my kayak...

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice a pond is a wonderful thing o have available. I love to get bream on the flyrod. Did you tie that one? Is it a foam body?

Darrell
Didn't tie that one. I actually got that one from somewhere that I can't recall before I started trying. Not foam. Got a few more this evening while I had a few minutes.

Sent from my kayak...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.