NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cabin fever has just about done me in-- Now a boat monkey is loose. Got to get something going before I am put out by Good Wife into forced labor packing groceries at Food Lion. It just occurred to me that I have in my possession one of the Nam River Boat jet drives. I recently saw my formerly owned 19 ft. Sea-Ox in a front yard in Cedar Island. I think I will try to get possession of it again. The plan is to convert the fine old fishing boat to an inboard using the jet drive ( drive needs steering nozzle and reverse baffle which can easily be machined) I am considering powering it with a Crusader 8.1 L, 496 c.u.i, 425 hp. It is about two miles straight across Core Sound from the house. I estimate that this power and drive combination will go from 0 to 60mph in 6 seconds this should be about a 30 second ride. It should re-enforce my command to wife when starting off "Sit down, Shut up and Hang on!''

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
NICE! havent seen one of them in a while. Yup,, sit down hang on for sure! jet boats are pretty fun and can be a hairy ride. I had a twin engined speedster.. would flat boogy.

The shaft seals on that pump housing look much more robust than what Bombardier puts out (past or present)

Forrest, does that thing have a intake grate? Also looks like a direct drive housing... whhooo.. tickles my skin thinkin about ridin in a jet boat! Thanx for postin!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave--Will definitely have grate on intake to keep clams and bay scallops out of impellers.:) Project is in very beginning stage at this time-- Total old age may get me before finishing and may be operating under the screen name of reelwobbly by then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.