NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Rapala just introduced the new Shadow Rap. I am sure I will buy a few just cause. However, I was curious to know the major differences between the X-Rap and the Shadow Rap and to see if anyone has tried this new lure out yet.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
The largest difference is that this bait has a slow sink rather than a suspend or slight floating action on the pauses. For me, that's reason enough! Other than that, the bill is smaller, giving it a really nice "side to side" action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
I suppose they would...but I know for bass they work! I have a couple and really like the weight of them. Easy to cast and covers a lot of water.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
they are a very evasive bait, a lot of action and rest like a real minnow. I think they are going to be real killers!!

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered a couple in the Bone color. The fish go crazy for anything with an orange belly in the areas that I fish. Especially the rockfish. Can't wait to try these out. I am sure other colors in the shadow rap will find their way into my arsenal as well. Thanks for all the replies guys.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I grabbed a couple , Bass Pro only had a few left. Ordered a couple more ordered and got 2 on ebay for $7.99 shipped free (last 2 might I add). I only got the shallows not the deeps.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Wouldn't this be a bit more of warmer water trout bait as it obviously has some size with 3 trebles?
No way, the bait itself is profiled similar to a rebel or rapala floater. After all, there are tons of mirrolures that have 3 trebles and have worked for decades. Middle hook probably helps balance it a little better too.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.