NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat: My Boat Is Down So My Neighbor Asked Me To Take His Out So I Could Take His Nephew For His 1st King. (he Fished A Big Kmt Out Of Morehead This Weekend.) I Accepted. My Wife And I Took This Young Fellow Out And Let Me Tell Ya.....we Have A New Saltwater Fisherman In Our Future. He Boated The 1st 3 Kings And A Cow And Was Done. He Had A Ball. My Wife Took Over The Reeling And The Better Kings Fired Up. She Lost Her Dolphin But Did A Great Job With The Last Two Kings.finished Up With 5 Kings In The Box And 2 Throw Backs And One Dolphin Saturday. Normally We Don't Keep These Snake Kings This Late In The Season. We Release Alive, But Not These. This Young Man Was Gonna Eat His Fine Catch. He Had A Ball.

Sunday: Went Back Out Despite The Conditions. We Figured It Might Lay Down With The Radio Calling For 2 To 3. Wrong.....it Was 6 To 8 At 12 Miles Out. This Time My Neighbor ( Owner Of The Boat) Went Back Out With Me And His Nephew. Hit The Kings Right Off The Bat. Small Though. He Wanted To Keep One More To Eat With His Family And Release The Rest. We Also Landed A Nice Cow Out Of The Double We Had On (knot Went Bad On Us). Highlight Of The Day Was The Sailfish That Hit Our Prop Bait And Shot Out Across The Spread. In Seconds, This Fish Had Over A Hundred Yards Striped And Wasn't In The Water For Any Of It. Incredible Sight To See. Would Have Been My 1st Sail But He Came Unbuttoned On One Of Those Summersaults. FINISHED UP WITH 3 KINGS(SMALL) AND ONE NICE COW DOLPHIN.

See Ya At The Shrimp Fest.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats great Gator Man!

Where you fishing live bait or boxed bait?
I didn't have that much luck, 1 small King but it was my sons first King and the biggest fish he has ever caught, so he was smiling and that made me happy.
All was great until he started chumming. It was all down hill from there.
Hope the weather is good this weekend but doesn't look good.
Safe boating

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congradulations On Your Sons 1st King. Sorry He Had A Tough Go Of It Though. I've Had Some Chummers With Me The Last Couple Of Weekends Also.

Saturday, The Pickins Were Thin With The Live Bait,,,so I Took A Box Of Cigars Out. Didn't Slow Them Down Though. They Were Chewing It Up. I Always Take A Box Out Just In Case.

Sunday, I Hit The Pogies In One Throw And Put About 4 Dozen In The Tank. I Pulled Them On One Downrigger And The Rest On The Surface. The Sailfish Hit The Prop Bait Less Than 15 Feet Behind The Motor. What A Site.

Thinking About Fishing The Sneads Ferry Kmt This Weekend. Are You? I Usually Don't Do The Tourny Thing, But This One Is Local. I Will Be At The Weigh-in Either Way.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Gator man, excellent job!!! One thing I noticed though. He seems a little concerned that you are holding up some of his fish. Got a chuckle out of that. You and the wife are all happy to have put him on some kings but he looks worried that he won't get full credit from his buds. oops!:) Congrats to you and your son Dudd!! AL

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He Got His Credit Alright.....all His Buds Want To Come Down With Him Now. Gonna Have To Start Running Shifts To Get Them All Out. Concerning Him Holding The Fish...... It Took A While To Get Him To Pick One Up After He Saw All Those Teeth. That Explains The Look On His Face. I Think He Got Over It For Sundays Pics. Stephen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.