NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on the creeks (French, Wallace, Northeast, Southwest) of New River? Ive been out a few times and have been sticking to Wallace Creek (mainly because it's only 3 miles from my house). Been getting a few drum back in there. Last Friday managed 8, and 4 more on Saturday. All pups, just under slot. Looking to see if anyone has found any specks or a better drum bite in any of the other creeks. any help greatly appreciated!

good luck out there and tight lines!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hear rumor that drum have been found in NE and French recently.

Reactions: BigE818

·
Registered
247 Posts
Where are French, NE, SW creeks located? Im in Raleigh, looking for some sublet creeks to fish out of the kayak for drum trout and stripers
Unless you have military affiliation (base access), French and SW are going to involve a lot of paddle time across fairly open water. There is a park on NE where you can put in. NE Creek is east of downtown J'ville and just west of the Camp Lejeune main gate(34.743933, -77.353351).
You probably shouldn't waste your time trying to target stripers in the New River system, they are there, but far from common.

Reactions: Brenardo

·
Registered
550 Posts
Unless you have military affiliation (base access), French and SW are going to involve a lot of paddle time across fairly open water. There is a park on NE where you can put in. NE Creek is east of downtown J'ville and just west of the Camp Lejeune main gate(34.743933, -77.353351).
You probably shouldn't waste your time trying to target stripers in the New River system, they are there, but far from common.
Thanks man, I'll look into that

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would also add if you can get on base, come in the new gate they just built off of 24 its just before the new overpass they built. If you go in that gate just before you cross the new bridge over NE creek there is a small dirt road on the right (west) side. It is on google earth and I saw it yesterday when I drove in that way. Looks like it would be easy to launch a kayak there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.