NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made it out sunday for a couple of hours. west wind chopped the top off and made some good size rollers but was'nt too bad near shore.
hit a school of blues right of the bat with diamond jig(gold). most were in the 1 to 2 lb range but second school that surfaced was better latter in the morning. picked up some 3 to 4 lbrs,,,,,lots of fun on the bass size tackle. didnt get the bonita bite going but they are here.
looks better for this weekends chance to get out so far.:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rye,
it takes right at 2hrs and 10 min. from where i live here between zebulon and smithfield.
we have a place at sneads ferry so the ride is easy when ya get stay all weekend.
gonna try and get out this weekend too. looks good so far.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gator Man

We need to hook up when you come down to New River. I live in Sneads Ferry.
I got out last Fri and Sun. 2 Kings on Fri and 1 on Sun. Sunday the NE picked up and was a little too much for my 16 footer so I had to come in early but one of the other boats had 4 on board and had 14 strikes
[email protected]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dudd,,,sounds good. we are down at old ferry marina almost every weekend. we fished the new river marina tournament on saturday and won with a 17.9 lb king. we boated 6 kings and 1 dophin. monday we went back out again.....sunday like you said was to bumpy.......and boated 3 more kings and some bottom fish. we will not be down this weekend for the 1st time in 2 months but i will be back next weekend. give me a shout on channel 71.....my handle is "gator man". you'll hear me on the radio if you monitor this channel as long as the weather will let me out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.