NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out this morning with my old retired Army buddy from Fayetteville, Bobby Parker. We hit the
New River a little late but still nice this morning...the bite was slow but loads of gar breaking all over
the place...

We headed down SW Creek and came across this...don't think we had the right bait..only maybe
a 3-4 footer, but Mama was somewhere you can be sure.

We fished on down and Bobby caught a short
flounder and a great big bream.

Pulled out of the creek and hit the main river points and cuts..next to the boat a small croaker

Then we eased on farther up river and got hovered
by an Osprey...

Finally it was getting close to time to leave so
we hit one more spot I wanted to hit B4 we left.
Picked up this 23 inch red...so he was the invited
guest for supper..

All in all a great day to be out, did get kinda warm
this afternoon.

<*)))))>{

Edited by Scott Hobbs - Today at 6:15pm

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Great job Scott and bud... Always nice to share a day on the water with a special friend. :) :) That flattie looks like the bro's I've been boating, all shorties. I sure hope they grow up real soon, grease already ready and hot....

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10-4 guys...just got up from the table..

Red drum nuggets
Patroit fries
black eye peas
iced tea

man was it good...right about the last mouth full I thought about a pic...but didn't stop long enough
for that memory..so chow was already gone...:)

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
awesome scott good job at least ya got one for the table makes me jelous with envie i can just barely remember the taste of a good drum .........................i need some soon lol

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BIGE...yep we were at the bridge and all around that area. We fished under the bridge for
a while to get a little shade thing going on...got kinda warm that afternoon.

Tim....just to remind you...the red nuggets are as great today as they were a year ago..:)

<*)))))>{

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
lol no problem scott i can take it for now but im slowly trying not too loose the memorie of that great taste ;)

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Red X Angler
2,479 Posts
I seen you guys down there,and said to my work wife "Dem guys look like they know what their doin!" Work wife "If they fish as well as you then all they will have to show for a day fishin is a sunburn!!" lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts