NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from from fishing New River today, doing 400% better according to Breadman, after not catching anything last time, this time bringing home a whopping two keepers. After a good start I thought for sure it was going to be a knock out day. Picked up a nice 18 inch Flounder on a pink shrimp right off the back. A few minutes later, on a pearl Spook, a 20 inch Speck exploded on my lure. Just about that times is when the clouds let up, sun came out, and wind picked up. I don't know if it was the cloud cover that killed me or what.
Several guides where out today, also off to a slow start, but several finished strong. I saw about 6 boats in one hole at one point, they had just gotten done slaughtering them about an hour before I had arrived that afternoon in that area.
Anywho, I'll take my two fish over last week's none.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
breadman, only 2 keepers, caught some 12 and 13 inchers too, caught the small ones on the pink storm shrimp( and a flounder) at the second spot. let me know how you do at hte pier tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.