NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i had a late start today at around 8am . Launched into french creek. Started with a few misses and then things got a little better . My buddy hit a nice size flounder off of a popping cork with a gulp shrimp on it. About an hour later i hit up some pups off the same thing. Seemed to be that the fishing from about 6til 10 was good after that it died down. So we headed back in and cooked up that flounder and man was it mighty tasty. That was only my new vessels 4th trip and ive got to say . Having a boat is awesome i love being able to go from spot to spot in a matter of minutes compared to 15-20 in a car. Well going to do some fly fishing tomorrow down at holly ridge .Tight lines good luck to all and happy 4th of july

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FT i wish i could say they were on the fly but id be lieing. If i can get my trailer fixed this weekend im going to try it out. and ill be the first to let everyone know. By the way if any one can help me out with this trailer situation. im getting power from the truck but no lights. So i rewired still nothing. replaced fuses on the truck just incase still nothing. now im redoing all the grounds and connects but if nothing happens i dont know where else to look any help?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
You need to invest in a volt/ohm meter instead of parts. You will save in the long run. A cheap one wii do fine as long as you remove the battery and put the meter in a crush proof container between uses. Just make sure you put it where you will know where to find it like say in your tool box. IF you don't know how to use one it is easy to learn. Electricity works just like the water lines in your house.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as for the trailer its now working. But new river tonight was not working so well for me. A couple croaker and two pesty stingrays. I picked up a jar of gulp alive. its nice to be able to reuse those things now. Any body got any tips on where to go for some trout. Im new to this inshore fishing and ive yet to catch a trout in the last month ive been doing it. any tips would be great.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
well i had a late start today at around 8am . Launched into french creek. Started with a few misses and then things got a little better . My buddy hit a nice size flounder off of a popping cork with a gulp shrimp on it. About an hour later i hit up some pups off the same thing. Seemed to be that the fishing from about 6til 10 was good after that it died down. So we headed back in and cooked up that flounder and man was it mighty tasty. That was only my new vessels 4th trip and ive got to say . Having a boat is awesome i love being able to go from spot to spot in a matter of minutes compared to 15-20 in a car. Well going to do some fly fishing tomorrow down at holly ridge .Tight lines good luck to all and happy 4th of july
If you launched where you said in this post, it is loaded with trout. Live bait and pink storm shrimp will do it.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
TRY trolling to locate them and then try using pinfish and (my favorite) pigfish. It shouldn't take long to home in on exactly where and what depth they are at. Once you home in on them you can swith to artificals. I find that way I have more confidence in where, what depth etc. I have better luck finishing locating them with live bait and you don't work your self to hard fishing unproductive water before you locate them. Fishing the artificals is more fun once you have confidence that you aren't thowing at empty water. It also saves on the bait. That is real important when wading or kayaking but also more environmentally sound.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Another option that works is drifting with live bait. that works better in confined areas and areas with lots of oyster bars etc, For trolling try flats style jig heads amd gulp 5" jerk shads in nuclear chicken. Bass Assassin and Strike King make good ones . SK calls the model I'm talking about Redfish Magic. They will shed grass better than other styles. They also work well casting. If you can find some Hilderbandt #3 1/2 gold jig spinners you can turn them into a "redfish magic" spinner type lure that seems to be on fire these days. Strike king uses a paddle tail body on theirs but either will work. with out the spinner these baits work well under a rattling float such as the Mansfield Mauler or cajun thunder or a regular old popping cork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.