NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
August 6,7,8. Reserve your site now and don’t forget your rain gear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
You can't say we've hadn't gotten enough time to ask off

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GreyGhost

·
Red X Angler
3,525 Posts
You can't say we've hadn't gotten enough time to ask off

The days of getting a campsite easily a few months ahead of time are gone. Covid has made a positive impact on the RV industry people are buying campers more than ever. 2 of my favorite campgrounds are close to 60 percent booked for next year. I planned on going to OBX in February but no way I’m paying $139 a night for a campsite that use to be less than half of that. Bay River falls into my not going to pay $60 a night that was $40 last time we attended the meet.

I appreciate John posting the New River date already so everyone should be able to secure a site.

·
Red X Angler
3,525 Posts
August 6,7,8. Reserve your site now and don’t forget your rain gear...

Don’t forget the rain gear ?? , Matt must be attending this year.😎

·
Registered
487 Posts
I am booked on 22

·
Registered
699 Posts
August 6,7,8 2025 Reserve your site now and don’t forget your rain gear, mask, PPE, Gloves, Clorox Wipes, and libitard protection...
Corrected for you. Glad you're gett'n them dates out early!

Also, Happy 70th Birthday!!!!

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corrected for you. Glad you're gett'n them dates out early!

Also, Happy 70th Birthday!!!!
Well you’re not off by much. My birthday is 2 days after Christmas. I used to hate that as I’d get ripped off as my folks barely had money for Christmas presents (which were mostly clothes and necessary items). Now I like my birth date as nobody notices I started fishing from The Ark.

·
Red X Angler
3,525 Posts
FYI if you have a camper and not made a reservation yet you might want too. The top of the hill only had 6 sites available when I checked a few days ago.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I am in 6 Thur the 9th sight 4
You in the right spot? Most sites are in the 20's and low 30's.... Maybe the car campground, I don't know their numbering

·
Red X Angler
3,525 Posts
You in the right spot? Most sites are in the 20's and low 30's.... Maybe the car campground, I don't know their numbering
Your probably right Len on the right spot. The rv campground has a site 4 reserved.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It looks like my best friends from my Army time in Germany want make the New River trip. One is coming from Pensacola Florida and the other from Arizona. I don’t want to make a reservation for them yet because it’s not 100% guarantee they will make it this far in advance. I’m hoping that the RedX group will be able to help accommodate my friends in case it’s needed. Also if anyone has an extra kayak that would be appreciated or I can rent one from Dustin. I have 2 myself.

·
Registered
487 Posts
It looks like my best friends from my Army time in Germany want make the New River trip. One is coming from Pensacola Florida and the other from Arizona. I don’t want to make a reservation for them yet because it’s not 100% guarantee they will make it this far in advance. I’m hoping that the RedX group will be able to help accommodate my friends in case it’s needed. Also if anyone has an extra kayak that would be appreciated or I can rent one from Dustin. I have 2 myself.
He can use one of my spares both are 14 ft however

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks Powell. One of the guys is a good size man so I think a 14ft would be fine.
If you will remind me when we get closer because I will forget

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just booked site 29, will definitely have extra space and can bring another 10' yak if needed.
Look forward to seeing you again. You’re a class act and you fit right in! Hopefully we have good conditions this year. The fishing is outstanding in clean water.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts