NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,

Been busy lately so no action news from me. However with a little break with the holidays coming up I was thinking about hitting the water. Has anyone been out on New River? Was wondering if it was still nasty from the sewage spill several weeks ago.

S/F,

JW

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I keep hearing conflicting reports.. I hope the recent rains will help flush it out.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Howdy All,

Been busy lately so no action news from me. However with a little break with the holidays coming up I was thinking about hitting the water. Has anyone been out on New River? Was wondering if it was still nasty from the sewage spill several weeks ago.

S/F,

JW
According to the Military & County the majority of the spill has been cleaned up. I have a tendency to believe them in this case because the effected area is in the wide tidal portion of the river with lots of water flow, rain or not. So there has been major water movement/change in there by now. I still would be cautious with shellfish as it takes a while for them to be cleansed but cooked fish should be fine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ive been fishing it alot since then and so have lots of others i wouldnt be to worried about it. If your fishing for trout try near the inlet with mirro's we've had good luck with darker colors. And back in the creeks for some puppy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.