NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...I just moved to the area from Maine and am looking to get some fishing in this summer. Back home I'm used to fishing smaller, stumpy, reedy ponds and rivers for largemouth, smallmouth, trout, etc. I'm well versed in buzzbaits, spinners, Rapalas, etc., but am finding I'm having to make a culture shift in terms of my fishing methods and lures. I was out on Randleman Lake today and saw some big ones but only got one half-serious bite, and didn't have much luck otherwise. I've bought most of what I think I should need to fish down here, but could certainly use some tips or even a day on the lake with someone. I'd be more than happy to throw down for a boat rental somewhere (or bring my canoe), or gas, or what have you. I'm game for fishing anywhere within like 45 minutes of Kernersville (I live in Winston-Salem on the town line), hence why I fished Randleman today. I'd definitely like to learn to fish for cats, as well as get a handle on the proper techniques for big bass as well. Any tips are welcome and appreciated, and if anyone is interested in going out on the water sometime, let me know, I'm certainly always game for that.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.