NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just moved to Asheboro and have been looking for somewhere to take my 3 kiddos bank fishing that doesn't cost anything. I have seen a few rivers and lakes, but can not find any access to them. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it.

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Make enough posts to enable PM's and send one to Fish_Fiend (Gene). He has explored most if not all the water around that area and it's quite possible he could give you some pointers.

Welcome to the area!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
At Lake Lucas to the left of the boat slips there is a small fence. That's where you are going to want to be.

Your rig is going to be a bobber and a night crawler about 18 inches under the bobber. Bream and Crappie like to come up in that little cove. Should be able to keep busy until the worms run out. Bring a pair of forceps or needle nose. Bream have a bad habit of hooking themselves deeper than liked.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You should be able to find some areas on the deep river down in Franklinville or Cedar Falls area. For Cedar Falls go E. on 64 turn left on Loflin Pond Rd beside Tank & Tummy. Go straight til you cross the river bridge. You will see a huge mill on left. Turn left & there is parking across from the mill. Pretty sure the old mill is still there. Haven't been that way in many years but according to Google maps it's still there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My husband and I take our two boys fishing a lot during the summer especially bluegill (aka bream). This is going to sound crazy but I've found that if we use a jig head they can't get the whole hook in their little mouths.

Reactions: Fish_Fiend

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you are up for a little drive Hanging Rock State Park is a great place for kids. Mine enjoy fishing from the pier because they can literally watch the fish take the bait. The water there is crystal clear! You will need to fish with a bobber and not fish off the bottom though, there are a ton of aquatic plants that cover the bottom of the lake.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
5 Posts
did you find any good spots i am looking for a few around the same area im right on the edge of trinity basicly asheboro. Im going to try lake reese in the morning and see how it is. also badin lake is 40 minutes or so away 400 cove road eldorado is a nice spot caught a few there last week from the bank.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If you are close to asheboro ,try deep river ,or one of asheboro city lakes.They have some big bass & crappy.I come down that way alot My baby doughter lives in troy. Deep river over in franklenvill has a park they can play and fish.IT close asheboro Fishing there for kids is great.IF you need any other info let me know. Lots of kids swim there as well. Randelman Ramsewer franklinvill all has some typ of park next to river. You can go up 49 to tucker town dam .Ask at one of the stores there are places to camp and swim .Swimming and fishing is free,but camping you have to pay. fishing at dam is free

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.