NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm new to Western North Carolina and the Avery County area. I've found a few public places to do some wading/fly fishing, but haven't even so much as seen a trout in about a dozen times going fishing.

I've tried the Linville Falls recreation area, the Linville Falls campground, 2 spots on the Blue Ridge next to Linville Falls, and in front of the Forestry Training facility in Crossnore.

I've also driven around to some creeks I found on Google in Newland but I couldn't find a place to park or walk to that was public property.

I'm excited to catch my first freshwater trout, but could use some help finding a place to catch fish. Maybe it's the wrong time of year?

Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bad time of year for it, but there will still be a few fish in the DH waters in Spruce Pine(Mitchell County) or the DH at Hounds Ears. I fish Spruce Pine a lot and really like the runs there.

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
check out flyfishingnc.com maps to locations of all NC trout water. If you want to come off of the mountain some time and fish Hickory let me know.

Darrell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to the guys over at Foscoe Fishing Company. They gave me some great tips and I landed my first 2 rainbows a few days ago over on the Parkway in the Linville Falls area. Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts