NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

To be honest this is the first time on a forum, but was recommended to check it out. I just recently moved to the Southern Pines/Pinehurst area a few weeks ago. Originally from West Virginia (yes the state, not western virginia ha). I told my wife there better be some good fishing and hunting around before we moved here lol so I'm hoping there is. I don't know much about the area yet or where some good largemouth/smallie spots are at. Id be willing to drive an hour in each direction to make a day trip if there are some good lakes, streams, ponds. Thanks in advance!

Anthony

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you!

There are plenty of hunting and fishing opportunities to be had here. I visit WV occasionally to fish parts of the New. Love that state. Absolutely gorgeous. I was in the Pinehurst a while back on business, seemed to be a nice area.

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Welcome, I think you will enjoy the area, Around Pinehurst there are some great spots to fish and hunt. There are a lot of pond in the area, after getting settled in a getting to know some of the people I am sure you will find a few honey holes. There is also some good River fishing, and some of the towns have reservoir ponds open to the public. A kayak or boat would open up more waters. You have Falls and Shearon Harris to the North, Tillery and Blewet Falls to the west, and the big pond to the east.

Keep and eye on the forum for Meet and Greets coming up, or sometimes folks looking for someone to fish with.

Darrell

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Welcome. Well you've chosen a great forum to start with. As for fishing in your area, do a search for Reservoir park just to the East of Pinehurst, pretty sure you can fish in there, may be able to take a yak too. Other lakes in the area like Auman and Seven lakes, I'm pretty sure they are private for members of the community and their guests only, but a quick google search should confirm or prove that wrong.

You'll probably have to head West for some good smallie action. Look up some of the meet and greets, they are at various times and in different locations, great way to meet fellow anglers. You'll be particularly interested in the New River M&G which is a good one, don't think the 2016 dates have been posted yet, but you'll get an idea for when it will be by searching for last years.

I'm to your East a bit just on the other side of Raeford, there isn't too much around here but Upchurches Pond and Lake Rim. I haven't fished Upchurches yet, and Lake rim was filled with high grass instead of fish the last time I fished there. I do a lot of coastal trips and fish inshore for reds, trout and flounder. Give me a holler if you ever want to get together and wet a line, but not until after the first week in June, I'm on the other side of the planet at the moment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a ton! Im looking forward to checking out the area! Im getting a kayak and possibly a small john boat in the next few months so I'm pumped to cover some more water! thanks for the welcome guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.