NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to NC

Help- Im new to Clayton,NC and a dying to freshwater fish. I have no idea were to go, what is running, bait to use. Do I need a fishing license. Can someone help-please. Thanks, Anthony

·
Registered
574 Posts
Anthony,

Fellow Claytonian here. There's practically NOWHERE to fish in Clayton, excluding private ponds. You can fish in Percy Flower's (Rebecca's now) at flowers plantation if you buy their annual permit, $50 to $100, I think. They no longer allow day permits. There's fish in the Neuse, but death occurs within 24 hours of consumption ;). You're best bet is heading to the coast or local lakes, jordan, falls. Stay clear of wheeler for a while (sewage spill :eek: ).

The law for fishing license... You can still fish in your county of residence, with natural bait, without a license until 2007. I'm really hot about this!:mad:!:mad:! And will post elsewhere regarding this.

You always gotta check what Zooker tells ya.... yankees:rolleyes:

Mike I didn't realize people could actually relocate from the South to the north, who'd want to?:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.