NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! Originally from Cleveland, OH area and fished Lake Erie growing up. I've been in NC since '92, but didn't start fishing in NC until 3 years ago when I introduced my 2 kids to the sport. I fish from the shore and haven't had much brag about. Usually fish ponds and Lake Norman but looking to try High Rock, Tuckertown & Badin. Since I'm not familiar with the lakes, I would appreciate any tips that you may have. :)

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome aboard Catfish. You've chosen a famous North Carolinian in your username. The late, great Catfish Hunter. I don't have much information to share on lakes down your way but I hope you'll get some good responses. Glad to have you join us. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome Catfish. Finally,a poster in my neck of the woods. What are some of the local ponds that you fish from shore in Cabbarrus County. I've only been here for a year and the only one that I've been to is Frank Liske Park. Not a single bite ever! As for Badin and Tuckertown,I've only fished them from my boat. Sorry I can't help with the shore question. I'm sure someone will be able to help though.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome. Not familiar with that area but I'm sure someone on here is.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Catfish,I have the list that you mentioned. It gives directions,times and prices for fishing. Unfortnately I've never made it out to any of the ponds. In my travels I'll look for Fabcon. Will fishing be allowed at the pond when the race is in town at the speedway? I'm assuming you mean the pond in the camping area that you can see on Morehead Rd. I'll have to get out the map to find Camp Stewart Rd. Still learning the area. We'll have to get together and hit one of the lakes sometime.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Catfish - I'm a transplant from OH also. Grew up in NW Ohio, about 1/2 hr from the Lake. Spent many years fishing for perch & walleye. Lived in N. Olmsted & Olmsted Twshp for 5 yrs ( wife went to law school at Case ) before moving to NC in 97. Started saltwater fishing about 3 yrs ago and am hooked :) . I keep a boat down in Morehead City and get out whenever I can ( not too much yet this year due to the weather :( ). Sorry I can't help you with the ponds down your way but best of luck this summer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure you can during race weekend. That's correct about the campground. There's actually 2 ponds- the one you mentioned and another one in the trees down by the creek. There are a few houses on or by the property and the speedway threatens enforcement of trespassing. I don't want to test them on the threat.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Time to pile on to this welcoming committee. From one Ohio transplant (c. 1992) to another, welcome to the site CatfishHunter! Same to you TDB, welcome in!

Nice to meet another buckeye. I spent some time in NW OH. Went to school at BG.
Same here - I put in a cold, bleak freshman year up at BG before moving back down to to toasty central OH to finish up at OSU.

Hope to hear more from you guys...

·
Registered
12 Posts
You don't have to tell me about the cold, bleak winters. I grew about 20 minutes due east of BG, little town called Gibsonburg. A lot of my friends went to BG, I ended up at Heidelberg in Tiffin. Then moved to Cleveland after college. Man, was I a glutton for punishment or what?? I finally got fed up with it and headed south. Will NEVER move back north again. All of our family still lives up there. We think they're nuts ;)

Good to meet you guys. Look forward to hearing your fish stories this year :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.