NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. From Virginia originally moved to NC years ago and gave up fishing for a while. Now trying to get back into it and cant always get back to VA to hit up my favorite spots. Limited to bank fishing here in NC or places where I can rent a boat. Went to City Lake Park in High point rented a boat and all I caught was a lil bass barely big enough to take my pop r. Whats a good part of that lake to fish? And any other recommendations for lakes? I fish almost exclusively for largemouth and i'm all about the top water action.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Please take the time and introduce yourself to another bassaholic and my good friend, NCStatefisher via a private message. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I suggest you jump on Google Earth and check out some of the options that may be around you

·
Red X Angler
3,749 Posts
Make a handful more posts, and eventually when you get past the point where you need moderation and you can use PM's, you will probably find communication a little easier.

HP City Lake is Jerry's old friend, and he knows it well. I have learned a lot from him, so search for his posts on it and you will probably get a good overall picture. Don't give up on the place, even if you have some slow days... I have been skunked there many times, and I have also had the best 90 minutes of bass fishing of my life there; it's a moody lake, but the bass are there.

If you live in High Point and you are not opposed to driving 30 minutes and are open to rentals, you have options in your area. Fire me a PM and I'll try to help. I would suggest updating your profile to indicate the area in which you live so that people who read your posts know where you are; at least roughly. There are some very accomplished bank fishermen on this site, one of whom was mentioned already by another poster. Read the reports section often and you will figure it out soon enough.

Welcome to NCAngler!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. I'm off to city lake to try my luck again in the morning and renting a boat to head out. they changed the forecast and took the storms out and the wind is gonna be only 2-3 mph. I am in high point and im definately open to driving 30 minutes or more and renting a boat for some decent fishing. anybody got any suggestions on a location? And has anybody had any experience with small inflatable boats? i've been thinking about getting one since its something i can transport in my car and using a small 12v compressor to inflate rather quickly. I don't have the means to haul a boat or kayak or to store one either at the moment.

·
Red X Angler
3,749 Posts
Make some more posts to get past the point where you need moderation, and more importantly to enable PM's. It's something to the tune of 6 to 10 posts I think. At that point, send me a PM and I'll give you some tips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts