NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some advice here specific to NC. To give brief background I have been freshwater fishing my whole life mainly, bass. Moved to NC in the last 2 years but never really fished salt. Went to South Carolina caught a nice red drum and would like to start. I live near Greenville NC and am just curious if fish will be around the Pamlico sound this time of year that I can catch from a bank? Also what lures or techniques to try?

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I suggest checking out the nearest surf you can get to.
Should be lots of Reds in the suds.
Gulp 4" white Shrimp on 3/8 oz. jig head is all you'll need........
Hope this helps ........ICM

Reactions: Tunit

·
Registered
143 Posts
A good place to start would be beside the bridge in Belhaven. Right now you can probably find some trout and striped bass near the bridge. If you have a kayak its a short paddle from the public ramp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A good place to start would be beside the bridge in Belhaven. Right now you can probably find some trout and striped bass near the bridge. If you have a kayak its a short paddle from the public ramp.
Is that the bridge across the Pungo on Hwy 99? I'm also in Greenville, and have a tandem fishing kayak...

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ranger
182 Posts
Either bridge should be holding stripers and trout right now. The Pungo creek bridge is usually a good place to start but I don't yak so I can't say if launching from CeeBee's is a good bet or not. One of the last decent bites for specks I had in that area was just downstream of the Pungo Creek bridge right up against the south point about 200 yds from the bridge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.