NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to the site and just getting in to fishing the neuse. I've lived in the Knightdale area for years and have fished local ponds frequently and lakes from time to time but never really realized the type of fishing I was overlooking when it comes to the neuse. I've kayaked the neuse for a few years but have never really thought about fishing it until recently. I also have a canoe and will be using it mostly for fishing the river. I'm not expecting any one to give up their secret spots or anything but if anyone could help with things I should look for in good fishing spots and what are some of the better baits to use I would greatly appreciate it. I'm mainly looking to get in to catfishing and also going after some bowfin to. Also I own along with my grandfather a wholesale seafood business so shrimp and all types of whole fish to use as cut bait are readily available to me(and anyone willing to help me out with getting started
) but I havent been sure if they would be the best bait or if im better off going after some live bait. Look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks, Tyler

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hey Tyler- where in Knightdale are you? I'm off Smithfield road in Ashley Hills North. I used to fish the Neuse quite a bit. Good catfish baits are always chicken liver and shrimp for me. For larger cats and bowfin- cutbait works real good. Also the Neuse has some nice Flatheads in it so if you want a monster- try some live brim. Log jams are good spots to fish- near deep water= look for steep banks to find which side of the river is deeper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm off Bethlehem rd in the cottonwood subdivision. Thanks a lot I will definitely be trying some of these things out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts