NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a car wreck in December I lost control of my left wrist and hand, I worked with physical therapy I can use my fingers but the nerve damage was to serve and I can no longer lift my wrist however on the 13th of this month I had a surgery to hopefully fix that. I'm in a cast for another week. I've been out of work since it happens and got the bare minimum to fish with. I've only fished for bluegill, catfish, and bass in the past but I've been trying to trout fish lately. I like to eat what I catch depending on what it is. I've never had trout lol. been trying to find someone to fish with, I don't have any form of boat and I can't drive far I stay within a certain radius of mount airy mostly cause anxiety due to the accident but if I'm not driving we can go anywhere. I need new spots and I'm sure my fiance will be happy I don't have to drag her along and get her hands fishy cause I can't use my arms right lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to add i'm 21 also i'm open to catch anything my little pole can handle i just bought it, its factory everything but i think can handle up to 10-15-20? not sure lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your injury, but I can somewhat relate. I'm recovering from a 2nd shoulder surgery that has kept me off the water since December. I'm hoping to get back to fishing soon though. Take it from me & don't do anything that'll cause you to have more surgeries!! Heal up first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your injury, but I can somewhat relate. I'm recovering from a 2nd shoulder surgery that has kept me off the water since December. I'm hoping to get back to fishing soon though. Take it from me & don't do anything that'll cause you to have more surgeries!! Heal up first.
doing my best but i am trying to stay active and busy

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welcome PBB. Since you're trout fishing around town, you need to be aware that you can not keep any trout taken out of the Ararat River from the bridge on 103 at Riverside Park, all the way down to the bridge at 52. There is also a bait restriction there that limits you to artificial lures with one single hook (no trebles), no natural bait (corn, worms, etc), and no scented bait of any kind (trout worms, Power Bait, etc.). Fish Lovills Creek from Lebanon Street down to just behind Big Lots if you seek trout to eat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome PBB. Since you're trout fishing around town, you need to be aware that you can not keep any trout taken out of the Ararat River from the bridge on 103 at Riverside Park, all the way down to the bridge at 52. There is also a bait restriction there that limits you to artificial lures with one single hook (no trebles), no natural bait (corn, worms, etc), and no scented bait of any kind (trout worms, Power Bait, etc.). Fish Lovills Creek from Lebanon Street down to just behind Big Lots if you seek trout to eat.
All alright cool I'll check it out and yea I saw that so I haven't gone to riverside but I'll be going kayak fishing next Tuesday when I got my cast off in the salam lake or we might rent a john boat but I seen they have crappie I was wanting to try my luck with that see if I cant score a decent one or 5 bust out the grill after

1 - 8 of 8 Posts